Belize has it ALL!
and Casa Beya is the place to begin your sun-drenched adventures...
FROM THE HOUSE
- Swim (very calm and kid-friendly!)
- 4-6 Paddle boards to play on
- 3 kayaks: 1/2 mile out to False Caye for some great snorkeling
- Soak up the Sun
- Sample Belizean chocolate
- Hammock hangin'
- Beach exploration
- Just FLOAT all day long!
- Massage therapist will come to the house
- Bird watching
- Take a long nap on the outdoor swing-bed
- Walk to one of the pools that has a "if ya drink, ya swim" policy
- Read, read, read
- Play sand games in the shade
- Build sand castles
- Absolutely nothing!
- Walk across the road to the bowling alley/great pizza
- Sample the local rum or local beer
- Watch the sunrise over the Caribbean
- Walk 100 yds to The Maya Beach Bistro= best food in Belize!
- Ride a beach cruiser to the market
NEAR-BY/ Maya Beach
- 4 beachcruiser bikes come with the house (not meant for serious biking)
- GREAT restaurants
- Check out nearby beach Bars
- Wildlife viewing/great bird watching
- Bike or Paddle Board to Bz Ocean Club for a swim or a meal
- Sailing (can rent from Robert's Grove)
- Kayaking in the Lagoon (LOOK FOR MANATEES!)
- Walk to the near-by market
- Fish tacos at Mango's
- Dinner or lunch: Singing Sands? Green Parrot?
IN & FROM PLACENCIA VILLAGE:
- Shopping: markets, hardware, jewelry, hammocks, art, handicrafts
- Buy fresh fruits & veggies from Greg
- Don't miss Tuttie Fruitti Gelato shop (!!)
- Yummy smoothie shop
- Offshore Cayes daytrips
- Snorkeling & diving on the world's second largest Barrier Reef
- Sport fishing
- Nightlife/music at beach bars
- Sip coffee at "Above Grounds"
- Open-air restaurants & bars
- Buy fresh fish from pier
- Try fresh juices at Wendy's
- Eat at Miss Brenda's at the point
- Check out Yoli's bar
- Take the Hokie Pokie Water taxi to Independence
- Sunset cruise from the Lagoon
ABOUT 30 MIN TO 1 HR FROM HOUSE
- Mellow River Tubing
- Zipline near Punta Gorda
- Swim in the freshwater Blue Hole
- Excursions with Caves Branch Resort
- Hike to a waterfall
- Visit Butterfly Farm
- Visit a Spice Farm
- Visit a Banana Farm
- Visit Chocolate Farm
- Jungle hikes in a Jaguar Preserve
- Visit Mayan crafts shop